For more than a decade, this site has been a venue for sharing information about the Web content Adaptability Initiative in Australia.
The next OZeWAI Conference will be 27-29 November, 2013.
Here's what one participant said after an OZeWAI conference:
"It has been a great conference when:
- You feel like you have turned 360 degrees in the wind
- You travel home with a smile on your face
- You can't stop thinking about fantastic people that you have met
- You think about catching up with those people again
- You can't wait to try out what you have learnt
- Being a nerd, you try what you have learnt straight away (I love the Jamaican accent in NVDA)
- The future seems closer and yet further away at the same time
That describes some of my feelings after this years' OZeWAI conference."
For up-to-date information about activities including the conferences, please join the OZeWAI mailing list. This list is used for announcements only. The names and addresses of those on the list are not available for any purposes other than OZeWAI information and postings.
There is an old 'hyperlecture' on accessibility that might be of interest. It was developed in the late 1990's and distributed so that people who did not know much about accessibility could nevertheless present the issues to their work colleagues, in particular. This was a 'hyperlecture' meaning that it was a lecture that could be accessed via its links to significant depth, thus providing the materials for a typical one-semester university course.
There has been a series of OZeWAI conferences. The conference websites are mostly maintained as they were and many of the presentations have been archived:
There is now a vast amount of information about accessibility on the Web. Search engines will help you find it.
For links to resources recommended by OZeWAI community members, visit our references page.