The 2015 OZeWAI Conference was held at Manuka Oval in Canberra from Wednesday 25 November to Friday 27 November 2015.
Find presentation and papers on the Program page.
For more information, please subscribe to the mailing list.
OZeWAI is the Australian Web Accessibility Initiative, which is a strong and established group of members and is proud to provide a valuable source of information on accessibility issues and ideas to the broader community. The OZeWAI conference brings together the most knowledgeable digital accessibility experts, specialists and researchers from all over the world, as well as leaders in the industry, government and non-profit organisations to explore and support digital inclusion topics and ideas.
This conference provides three full days of technical, research and panel sessions, presentations and practical workshops on cutting edge issues related to WCAG, WAI and online digital accessibility. There are also many opportunities for networking and socialising with key speakers, panel members and attendees.
Thank you to our Sponsors
- Digital Accessibility Centre
- Vision Australia
- Adelphi Digital
- Web Key IT
Here's what one participant said after a recent OZeWAI conference:
"It has been a great conference when:
- You feel like you have turned 360 degrees in the wind
- You travel home with a smile on your face
- You can't stop thinking about fantastic people that you have met
- You think about catching up with those people again
- You can't wait to try out what you have learnt
- Being a nerd, you try what you have learnt straight away (I love the Jamaican accent in NVDA)
- The future seems closer and yet further away at the same time
That describes some of my feelings after this year's OZeWAI conference."
Registration - earlybird price until 6 November 2015
Registration includes all tea, coffee, lunch for each day booked and day 1 (25 Nov) and 2 (26 Nov) includes dinner. Please provide any dietary requirements when booking online via Eventbrite.
Accommodation in Canberra
Following is a list of accommodation options. Rydges has a 10% discount if booking for the OZeWAI Conference. For the other options, please visit their websites or contact them directly.
These places are walking distance or a short drive to Manuka Oval:
- Rydges Capital Hill (10% discount), Corner of Canberra Avenue and National Circuit, Forrest, Phone: (02) 6295 3144
- East Hotel, 69 Canberra Avenue, Kingston, Phone: (02) 6295 6925
- Realm Hotel, 18 National Circuit, Barton, Phone: (02) 6163 1888
- Manuka Park serviced apartments, Corner Manuka Circle and Oxley Street, Manuka, Phone: (02) 6239 0000
- Forrest Hotel, 30 National Circuit, Forrest, Phone: (02) 6203 4300
- Medina serviced apartments, 11 Giles Street, Kingston, Phone: 13 8642
- Diplomat Hotel, 2 Hely Street, Griffith, Phone: (02) 6295 2277
These are other options in Acton (on the city side of Lake Burley Griffin)
- ANU - University House, 1 Balmain Crescent, Acton ACT 2601, Ph: (02) 6125 5275 or 1800 814 864
- Hotel Hotel, NewActon Nishi,, 25 Edinburgh Ave, Canberra, Phone: (02) 627 6287
- QT Canberra, 1 London Circuit, Canberra, Phone: (02) 6247 6244
Venue and parking
Manuka Oval has free parking available, please also visit the Manuka Oval website for more details.
Keep in touch and up to date on all the conference news
For up-to-date information about activities including the conferences, please join the OZeWAI mailing list. This list is used for announcements only. The names and addresses of those on the list are not available for any purposes other than OZeWAI information and postings.
2015 Conference Sponsors