2014 OZeWAI Conference
OZeWAI 2014 will be held in John Scott House, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, 8 - 10 December, 2014.
General topics for 2014 are:
- HTML5, WCAG 2.0, ATAG 2.0 implementation and compliance
- auditing Websites and resources for adaptability and standards compliance
- open source accessibility solutions
- W3C technologies, techniques, and resources for accessibility
- accessible and inclusive design
- and more.
Who should attend OZeWAI?
We always try to plan for the participants we expect to join us. The following list is not exhaustive but should be indicative:
- Techies. We always like to support the techie folk. Adaptability depends upon the expertise of technical people and we are keen to ensure that OZeWAI is a good forum for exchange between members of this class.
- Exhibitors. Yes - we especially like our trade partners - we cannot solve the adaptability problems without the tools and expertise they offer and we would like to see more participation on the part of those who can offer solutions to those with the problems.
- Educators. A significant number of people working in the field of adaptability are also within the educational domain. This year we will continue the practice of having a stream of events designed especially for this community. We will be encouraging senior administrators, managers, designers and the technical teams to join us.
- Internationalisation and multi-lingual content developers and managers. Providing resources in multiple languages, and resources that are suitable for international use, is not as easy as it might be. experts and novices can work together on this topic.
- Symbolic language resource developers. Using the Web to distribute maths, science, music and other symbolically represented content in a standard way is essential if everyone is to be able to access it.
- Information managers. A significant new group of professionals who are able to make a difference to the accessibility of resources using metadata are especially welcome at OZeWAI.
- Researchers. Adaptability is a lively field. There is some exciting research being done and the results are sometimes surprising. Papers that report this research are welcomed. Where papers have already been published elsewhere, presenters might like to submit a short paper to present their work in this forum.
- Managers. Just how critical is good management to adaptability? We appreciate that it is crucial but also that often managing the associated activities means working in a new domain for those responsible. This stream is designed to help managers and those responding to managers' concerns. Managers often want to know what they should know, what they should do, what they should expect others to do, and how much it will all cost.
- Users and ideas people! Without both these, nothing would happen!
OZeWAI mailing list
For up-to-date information about activities including the conferences, please join the OZeWAI mailing list. This list is used for announcements only. The names and addresses of those on the list are not available for any purposes other than OZeWAI information and postings.
OZeWAI conferences offer hands-on workshops, plenary presentations, informal work sessions, research reports, and time for discussion. The venue is ideal for small group discussion and the program, with lunches and dinners included, will provide opportunities for participants to interact with presenters informally.
We will offer three full days registration with presentations, workshops, a BBQ night, a dinner and a wind-up cocktail, as well as the standard morning and afternoon tea and lunch.
- $450 for 3 full-day registration
- $350 for 3 full-day registration for students and presenters
- $150 for single day registration
- $120 for single day registration for students
All costs include GST. Price includes all catering (BBQ on Dec 8th and dinner on Dec 9th) for the day of registration.